At Emilio Sánchez Academy, your safety comes first
At Emilio Sánchez Academy, our main objective is to guarantee the safety of the users of our facilities, especially when it comes to their health.
For this reason, we apply both the guidelines of the Ministry of Health, as well as the requirements of the Ministry of Industry and the recommendations of the World Health Organization and the Spanish Tennis Federation.
Suitability and higiene of the facilities
- Common areas and other facilities have been reorganized to ensure social distancing standards and greater supervision has been implemented to enforce them.
- All campus facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily, using procedures that guarantee their disinfection.
- All commonly used surfaces are regularly disinfected, especially the main contact points such as door handles and knobs, railings or card readers.
- The cleaning of the gym equipment has been increased, applying suitable disinfecting products.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, with an alcohol content of 60% or higher, have been placed in the traffic areas of the campus and signs with instructions on hand washing and hygiene have been posted.
- The cafeteria and restaurant service is only open for boarding resident students. The cafeteria tables have been placed 2 meters away from each other and the chairs 1 meter away, with signs asking users not to move the chairs.
- The restaurant has been limited to minimum services only, and the cafeteria staff will be in charge of providing users with as many meal service options as possible given current restrictions.
Instructions for students
- The number of students and users in all facilities has been limited, in order to comply with the appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- Non-boarding or weekly students will be asked to submit a questionnaire within 48 hours of arrival, detailing any exposure they may have had to the virus. They will also be asked to complete a health exam.
- Any student who enters the ES Academy facilities must have the temperature taken prior to entering the campus.
- Students who do not board at the Academy must arrive between 5 and 10 minutes earlier than the agreed start time and must go directly to the assigned court. In cases in which the agreed court is not known, a staff member will indicate it to the student.
- Companions of the students will not be able to access the facilities. A café terrace area will be enabled in the Lake Garden area with umbrellas and food and beverage service during specific time periods only.
- Academy staff and coaches will encourage frequent and mandatory hand washing and disinfection before and after each training.
- Students are encouraged to bring and wear cloth masks when the safety distance (2m) cannot be kept (i.g., hallways, reception areas, etc.). The Academy will also have these types of products on sale.
- Students must not touch any type of material: ball carts, cones, balls, etc. When collecting the balls, students will move them towards the net with their rackets, without touching them with their hands. The coach will take care of putting them inside the cart.
- The sharing of sports equipment such as rackets, elastic bands or similar is prohibited. Each student must bring his/her own elastic bands, towel, grips, rackets and a mat. All this material is for individual use only.
- Use of the mat to sit and rest is recommended, instead of using the benches or chairs located on the courts. A mat is a recommended option which can be substituted by a towel.
- The Academy offers a stringing service by completely disinfecting the rackets before and after each stringing. External students must leave their rackets at the entry gate of the Academy.
- For safety reasons, all campus water fountains will be out of service. As a result, students must bring their own water from home or may buy some at the café terrace by the lake or at any of the vending machines.
- The bathroom facilities for external students will be located in the large conference area (Carpa Grande) and will be accessible on a one-on-one basis. If the bathroom is occupied, the student will have to wait outside on the grass area.
- At the end of the sports activity, the use of showers or common areas will not be allowed for external students.
- During their stay, external students will not be allowed to move freely through the facilities. The different campus areas will be taped off and students will only be allowed to access the courts (for tennis and physical fitness) and the bathrooms in the conference area (Carpa) when necessary.
- At the end of the activity, the external students must be picked-up at the entry gate, and they must leave the facilities immediately. Staying inside the facilities after training has finished is prohibited. If the person picking-up the student has not arrived, he or she must wait at the bench in the transport area and, once departed, the bench will be disinfected.
- Exits from the campus for boarding students will be limited to what the State and local Government deems appropriate at any given time.
- The gym will remain closed until an authorization to open is received. All boarding students must clean their gym equipment after each use, thus reinforcing the disinfecting that the Academy’s cleaning staff will perform.
Measures regarding our staff
- Access to the campus has been limited to essential staff only, with a large number of employees continuing to work remotely.
- Access to the facilities will be denied to all those who have manifested flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with people who have had them. In these cases, they must remain off campus for 14 days and health institutions will be alerted, if necessary.
- A daily access protocol for the staff has been established, with temperature control upon arrival and again throughout the day.
- Employees are required to wear face masks inside campus buildings, as well as to apply social distancing practices at all times.
- Employees will remind their students of the usual measures and guidelines that we already implemented in March 2020, for hand washing and disinfection before and after each training, before and after meals, and during any other group activity.